Saturday, April 03, 2010

Last weeks kitchen progress

Last weekend we got some of our cabinets in for the kitchen...then we measured for counter tops. This weekend, we got 3 more cabinets and our counter tops and Scott is plugging away at everything. Above is the view into the living room (we ordered a 18" drawer base and a 9" wall cabinet for this wall). This is our wall oven and we need to lower it a few inches...but we have a warming drawer under it, so we'll see how that works. Below is our dining area...and another window that has been covered up by refrigerators for the past 3 years! We love our table and have eaten there 3-4 nights this week and it has been really great. Scott already picked out daddy's spot...so he can see the TV!This is the refrigerator (Uncle Greg is going to help give it a built in look and match the panels to the cabinets). The back corner does not have enough room for a corner cabinet, so we will have some dead space :(. The sink over the window and the L shaped bar area...for easy buffet style dinner!
That's it for the kitchen, it already looks so much different than these pictures, the counter tops are perfect. Can't wait to get things back in order!



Tyler has been keeping me busy with playing tennis (OK I just stand there and throw him the ball...he chases after them), casting off the dock, riding his big wheel, and talking nonstop! He is so much fun these days. He kisses my back when my sciatica pain is causing me to scream...he is such a loving boy...he doesn't understand why kissing it doesn't make it better right away though. He loves his baby sister already (at least he thinks he does). I don't think he quite understands...but the other day we were at a friends house and he found a necklace and put it around my bare belly and then lowered my shirt and said, "for baby." It was really sweet. He loves going into her room and knows it's for the baby. Her room is coming together...we are working on ordering some furniture and still have to put the crib together, hang the curtain rods and a few touch up paint areas. The bedding looks amazing thanks to my mom and my aunts and cousin Perri especially with the curtains I found! (Scott is not a fan of the curtains but his mom and I overruled him!) Can't wait to post pictures in the next few weeks!
Scott has been working so hard and I am so thankful. Everything is really coming together nicely. I am so lucky to have him, he is so handy, hardworking, and smart. I love him so much!
It's been beautiful here in Savannah, minus the sand gnats...but my skin so soft seems to work at keeping them at bay. Tyler asks for bug spray all the time now.



Happy Easter Weekend Everyone.







From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?'--which means, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?' When some of those standing there heard this, they said, 'He's calling Elijah.' Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said, 'Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to save him.' And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. Matthew 27:45-50 NIV

Jesus died on the cross for us, to wipe out all of our sins (past sins, present sins, and future sins), all you have to do is make Jesus your savior and the Lord of your life. He will guide you the rest of the way and you will be with him in Heaven for Eternity! He's reaching out his hand to you, all you have to do is reach back!

No comments: