Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Counter tops and coming events

Scott took a whole Saturday, by himself, and installed these counter tops. We really love them and are proud to say we took all the measurements ourselves and everything fit GREAT! We still don't know what to do with that back corner. We did attempt to stain the refrigerator panels...the freezer door panel was first and is interesting. The other two look pretty good, but could be a little darker.
We have really been enjoying eating at our table and starting a routine for dinners at least. I LOVE this L shape we did with the dishwasher...counter top space is so GREAT!
This is looking into the living room...more counter top space and a bar top where people can hang out while I'm cleaning or cooking and talk to me...and I LOVE being able to watch the news or whatever is on while getting dinner or breakfast ready.

As far as other projects...we have Myla's room almost complete...curtains and dresser should be done tomorrow. The crib was put together on Saturday and looks great...still have to tighten a few bolts...we are having company this weekend and their 8 month old will be sleeping in Myla's bed. After all the furniture in place, all I will have to do is put away ALL the clothes and start washing some of them. I'm very excited about the room and so is Tyler! He goes in there saying baby's room and has a HUGE smile on his face.
I am starting to be a little uncomfortable...Myla scrapes around inside me and sometimes causes discomfort. Sleeping is getting more difficult, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's hard getting back to sleep. God sure made this process quite interesting! Anyways, last week we had an ultrasound and it showed a 5lb 5oz baby growing steadily. The Dr. is 100% sure we will at least be induced 7-10 days early. The next ultrasound will seal the deal...and that's in 3 weeks or so. I really don't want a C-section if not necessary but I have to trust the Dr. and whatever he says is best for me and the baby is what we'll do. I just don't want to do anything out of convenience for anyone else. So, 5 weeks from today, Myla will be here!
My sister-in-law Jenny gave me a plaque for Christmas that I can put any message I want on it. I saw this verse from another shower gift I attended last fall. 1 Samuel 1:27. "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. "
I love you Myla and can't wait to meet you and for you to meet our whole family.
My sister-in-law Amy is throwing a shower for me and Myla on Saturday and I am so excited! She has an exquisite menu planned, as always, and I'm excited for my friends experience her amazing ability to entertain. My friend Haley is also helping her out and sent out cute invitations (I will have to scan it in someday). My MOPS girls are also throwing a boy/girl shower for me and another girl, that is due the same time I am., next Saturday. They are so awesome and I know it's going to so much fun...that invitation is so cute with camouflage and hot pink border! (must scan in).
Here is a video of my Big Boy riding his Big Wheel...

1 comment:

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Looks fabulous!!! You guys did a great job!