Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Half way there!!

We've passed the half way mark and can't wait to meet our little girl in 4 1/2 months! I'm really trying to take it all in and enjoy feeling her little kicks! I can't believe how exhausted I get picking up Tyler's toys makes me as my belly grows more and more (I'm only 1/2 way there!). Tyler has been so great and so much fun. He is talking more every day and is so proud of himself. Nap and bedtime with Tyler is quite the process...the same 4 books consisting of 3 train books and Clifford book. And then he always asks me to sing to him. So while he stands in his crib he puts his head on my belly and I sing He's Got the Whole World and use mommy and daddy, tyler scott shippy, and little tiny baby in his hands. He really loves it. Sometimes when I point to my belly and ask him to say goodnight to the baby he points to my "other bumps" and says baby baby. It's so funny and sweet!

Anyways, I thought I'd humor you and document my belly shots:

Here is the 20 week belly shot of me with Tyler (above July 2007) and 21 week belly shot with baby girl (Jan 2010). I think the belly's look pretty similar...but I feel so much bigger faster this time around. I was surprised to compare the two pictures. This is my first belly picture I've taken this pregnancy! With Tyler I had one at 12weeks and 16 weeks by now. Oops, I guess that's the way it always is with your second! Scott has helped me finally make a solid decision on our name for our baby girl. It's been tough because one of the criteria I try to accomplish is that it can only be spelled one way. Everyone I ask spells it wrong the first time until I tell them how I would spell it. Scott really likes it and that makes it really special. So.....here it is (and some already know)....

Myla Jo Shippy

2 comments:

LoveLladro said...

What a sweet name Carrie ;~) I can't wait to see the face that goes with it! You look adorable by the way!

The Syberts said...

You look so beautiful!