Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Grandpa's Birthday Surprise and Beach Weekend

SURPRISE! We pulled it off...a surprise birthday party for Scott's dad. Well, neither of us can take too much credit for it. Amy, my sister in law did the majority of the planning and she did a fantastic job. Scott's mom had the toughest duty...keeping it a surprise! Denny's sister and her husband came in town for the weekend and were staying with them as well...so they had a Thursday night and all day Friday to keep the surprise. I was able to call him during the day to sing him happy birthday, but avoided any other conversation. I guess I helped a little by somehow making him think I was coming out to the beach with Tyler after he got up from his nap. Anyways, we all had him guessing! We served a Low Country Boil, coleslaw and a HUGE cake, which was devoured! We danced the electric slide, stomp dance, macarena, the twist...etc. We had a blast. Tyler had a blast as well dancing all the way up to the end.
Afterwards, we headed to Tybee Island and stayed at Scott's brother's beach house for the weekend.
If you can believe it, he kept those glasses on the whole time we were at the beach. He's still afraid of the ocean water coming in at him but he loves throwing shells and rocks in the water and he loved playing in the pools of water grandma made for him.
It was so nice and relaxing. During Tyler's naps I went up to the roof and fired myself like an egg. I wanted to get some color...but the sun was a bit stronger than I thought. We also played some Domino's...a family staple. I lost by 5 points to Aunt Rose. It was fun!
Some Grandpa and Grandson time on the porch.
It was truly a wonderful weekend, thanks to everyone who made it happen for Scott's dad!
Love,
Scott, Carrie, and Tyler

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

O.M.G... that picture of Tyler walking toward the camera on the beach... SO FREAKING CUTE! What a doll!