Sunday, May 17, 2009

Matthew's Birthday Party

We celebrated cousin Matthew's 8th birthday this week. We went out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner on his birthday day and then he had a swimming pool party yesterday. I can't believe my oldest nephew is 8 already. They all are getting so big and that means that Tyler must be getting big too! Tyler had a blast and LOVES the water. I really am grateful that we get to be here as they are growing up. It's fun watching them grow and mature and it prepares me for my future endeavours with Tyler. And gives me tons of ideas! I really love being close to Scott's family. Although I miss my family in Iowa terribly! We will be seeing them VERY soon. My brother is getting married next week. I am so excited for them to start the rest of their life together...officially!

Tyler is now saying (tr) UCK! He hasn't quite got the T sound out yet...but he's practicing! He is talking up a storm...we have no clue what he's saying but he sure has a lot to talk about. He must be teething or getting ready to because he has been drooling like crazy. He goes through at least 3 shirts a day because they get soaked. I guess he just hasn't learned to swallow his own spit yet! Otherwise he's sleeping so good at night, I never thought I'd get this much sleep after having a baby. I hope I don't jinx myself!

3 comments:

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Have a great time in Iowa!!

LoveLladro said...

What is it with boys and their 'ucks'... Chase knows that word too! That and 'actor' which is actually tractor... not a person that acts ;~) boys will be boys!

eyes wide open said...

I love Iowa. My family farms there near the Kansas, Nebraska borders.

I too am in the south east.