Sunday, November 09, 2008

Productive Weekend

We just finished a very productive weekend. It all started when I had a fever Friday and told Scott I just didn't have the energy, and I handed off Tyler to him and I fell asleep in our room for 2-3 hours. Finally, I took some Tylenol to help with the fever and just hung out in our room. Around 8pm or so I decided to have Scott look in my throat. It was not pretty...nasty red and white blister type bumps...I was thinking the worst: hand foot mouth. But then Saturday I felt better and today like I was never sick. So who knows if it was just the tail end of my cold/flu I had all week or what. It doesn't matter, I needed the rest, and all is well now. Thank God it wasn't any worse.

Then comes Saturday, my neighbors had a garage sale...that was fun...I scored 3 new dresses, a spaghetti noodle jar, a mini wooden bowling set (for Tyler), and 2 marinade brushes. I didn't even get to pay for these items, my neighbors said my money was no good at their store. It was really fun and such a blessing. Scott caught us some lunch off the dock again...not trout this time but sea bass. Bass is not as tasty as trout, but anything tastes good fried, right? It was good! Then Scott decided to tackle the brick hole we have in outside our bedroom wall, and organizing tools, cleaning up and organizing all his toys in the yard...etc. Then today he put together a 5 shelf book case for me, installed light fixtures, one in the kitchen and one on our front porch. We made a short trip to Lowe's and he poured an extension to our front entrance to be able to install our new white column (we've had for a year now), and we got a piece of carpet for our living room as a huge/cheap area rug (12x17)...oh the list goes on and on. In the meantime I'm working on Tyler's baby book, and cleaning and organizing the house. And Tyler spent a lot of time outside today playing in the yard and helping daddy in the shed.

The "honey do list" is getting done! YIPPEE! Thanks HONEY!

Two more weeks until Tyler's birthday Party...I wonder what else I can come up with?

It's so exciting getting the HOME that you plan on living in for the rest of your life exactly the way you want it. If you can't tell, I really LOVE my life!

I'll leave you with bath time with Tyler tonight...enjoy! He is so much fun!

3 comments:

The Townleys said...

we can't wait to see you guys in march!!!! He has gotten SO big! We have the same "sit down in the tub" baths with Anna. :-)

LoveLladro said...

this house LOVES bath time too! and we do the same 'sit down' with Chase... although he obeys better now that he's cracked his face on the tub.

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Glad you got a lot done, still upset we weren't there :(. Several times this weekend we said we'd rather be in Savannah!