Monday, November 20, 2006
Gratitude vs. Grumbling
Yesterday at Church the sermon was titled "Gratitude vs. Grumbling." I had a grumbling sort of day on Friday and luckily Scott was there to put me in my place. I got it all out of my system only to be re-reminded of my immaturity on Sunday. The Bible says to be thankful for all circumstances. Because even in the unpleasant circumstances there are things happening around us that we must be thankful for. I am most thankful for our friends we have met through the Church. Here are a few pictures of our small group from Bay Area Community Church in Annapolis, MD. We played Cranium: Girls vs. Guys. Yep, you guessed it, Girls won! This fall we had Laser Tag night and spent time celebrating with Adam.
Here is our new Small Group with Savannah Christian Church. I am so thankful for all of our friends!
Here are the FIVE PATHS TO A HEART OF GRATITUDE: (Cam Huxford, SCC 11-19-06)
1. Learn to Be Grateful for Imperfect Gifts.
2. Learn to Be Grateful in Times of Anxiety and Frustration.
3. Learn to Express Gratitude Openly and Often.
4. Devote Yourself to Worshipping God.
5. When you Realize That God has Given you Gift after Gift after Gift...What do you Say?
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!