Thursday, December 06, 2007

Grandma's Departure (My mom)

Today was my mom's last day with us here in Savannah. She was here for 1 week before Tyler entered the world and stayed almost another 2 weeks helping out with the baby and around the house. In the last 2 weeks she even finished the yard work, made a valance for the blinds in the living room, kept up with the recycling (evacuation scare and all!), kept the kitchen clean every night after dinner. She played with Tyler, held him when I would take a nap and Scott was really sick, she let me go on a 2 hour shopping outing in between feedings. She did this and so much more in the last 3 weeks or so that Scott and I are flabbergasted. When our motivation was drained, hers was on high alert! Oh and a special thank you for making a great apple crisp...my favorite with double the crunchy topping.
To the best mom, now grandma, in the world-THANK YOU! We miss you already.

2 comments:

LoveLladro said...

What a blessing! I am so glad she was able to be there all that time... she sounds like a wonderful mom!

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

I remember when my Mom left after we had our third one (she lived close with our first 2). She stayed for over 3 weeks and I think I cried for over 3 weeks after she left! I'm sure she'll miss you as much as you miss her.