Sunday, December 02, 2007

Andrew is 2

Our newphew turned 2 on Friday November 30th. We all celebrated last night with a nice BBQ dinner, winnie the pooh decorations and cake and ice cream. Andrew was very excited to celebrate and had lots of help from his 2 older brothers Matthew and James. Matthew told me that now that Andrew is 2 they are taking away his passie. Then he says (6 1/2 years old) "It is going to be a real challenge!" I thought that was such a grown up thing to say! They all are getting so big! All three cousins really enjoyed getting to see their new baby cousin Tyler. Matthew said that Tyler can play with Andrew...because they are closer in age. I told Matthew that he has to be a good role model for Tyler since he is 6 1/2 years older than him.
And on to opening presents. Being 2 years old every present he opened was the best thing ever! He was so adorable! Andrew got a play doggie that he can walk around the house. It also barks and wimpers if it's being ignored.

We got him a transformer Mr. Potato Head, 2 pop up Christmas books, and a monkey paddle ball. On a side note: Between feedings I made a dash out of the house yesterday to Target where I got to explore the toy section. It was very entertaining and nice to get some fresh air. Even though I missed my little peanut!

Then Andrew got his first Big Wheel (isn't that what you call them). His mom put it together for him, in what I thought was record time. She turns to us and says are you ready for all this? Looks like fun to me, but then again maybe Tyler will be blessed with some of those hand me down toys from his cousins and then they'll already be put together!

And then there was Tyler who miraculously slept through the entire night. Even with his 3 excited and extremely hyper cousins running around the house as if their heads were cut off. Our 6 day old son has now officially been to his first birthday party!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

Isn't it amazing what they sleep through??? Chase slept through Crossroads worship which I think is nothing short of a miracle!