Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day Weekend Festivities

Yesterday the rain took a break around 2pm so our Small Group BBQ could have some outdoor activities. They guys played some football and the girls stayed inside. Here is a picture of Alan's new grill and the guys looking impressed with how many hotdogs and hamburgers were going to be cooked.

Ron came with us, but the true guest of honor was Jeff, who was back on leave from "The Iraq." Be safe Jeff!

Then today we woke up to a beautiful sky and sunshine, so we went and played 9 holes of golf. Here is Ron, playing from the BLUE tees.

Scott played from the WHITE tees, and his dad played from the GOLD tees. Here they are waiting for the players ahead of us, only 9 holes of the course was playable so there was quite a backup. It was good for me though, so I could walk slow and take breaks!

And finally here I am playing from the RED tees watching my drive. It wasn't my best of the day, but I finished with 1 par and a score of 55. Better than the time I played in Des Moines, but then again this course is not as tough as Echo Valley!

Well, we didn't get a chance to go water skiing this year due to the weather, but we enjoyed the sports on TV and everyone's company.
Happy Labor Day everyone!

No comments: