Sunday, May 27, 2007

A prayer from Jesus for YOU

This prayer is taken from The Frazzled Female by Cindi Wood, a bible study that I completed last week. In the conclusion there was this prayer from the Bible formatted so we put our name in to help us see how much Jesus loves us. It is verses John 17:9-10, 13, 15-19, 25-26, NIV.

It is powerful.

"I pray for ________. I am not praying for the world, but for ________ you have given me, for _________ [is] yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through _______. I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that _________ may have the full measure of my joy within [him/her]. My prayer is not that you take _______ out of the world but that you protect [him/her] from the evil one. _______ [is] not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify _______ by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent ________ into the world. For _______, I sanctify myself, that ________ too may be truly sanctified. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and ______ know[s] that you have sent me. I have made you known to ________, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in ________ and that I myself may be in _______" (John 17:9-10, 13, 15-19, 25-26, NIV).

1 comment:

Dawniev said...

Thank you for posting this. A friend read it to me tonight. I really needed to hear these words. I am grateful to you for having them up here for me to find again. Thank you and God Bless!