Thursday, April 16, 2009

Isaiah 40:31

I asked God to give me comfort today when reading the bible. This is where He directed me. Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

In the side notes of my Quest Study Bible it says this about hope.

What does it mean to hope in the Lord? (Isaiah 40:31)
The word hope implies both trust and patience. Trust involves confidence in God's power to deliver and faith that he will keep his promises. Hoping in the Lord also implies the patience to wait for God's promises since God works according to his own timing.

2 comments:

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Hope all is well...

eyes wide open said...

Lord Jesus, bless this family with peace, joy, and Life in the knowledge of You.
Amen

My name is Scott and I am married to a Carrie.